Lyriad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Switch Characters
Change Characters

Latest topics
» ⋆ Biography Template ⋆
⋆ Roleplaying Tips ⋆ EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 3:12 pm by Newt Scamander

» ⋆ Mage Points ⋆
⋆ Roleplaying Tips ⋆ EmptyThu Mar 09, 2017 8:27 pm by Newt Scamander

» Amelia Jessica Pond - WIP
⋆ Roleplaying Tips ⋆ EmptyThu Mar 09, 2017 8:19 pm by Newt Scamander

» Atlas Hands | Isaac Hardacre | [M]
⋆ Roleplaying Tips ⋆ EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 8:32 pm by Newt Scamander

» ⋆ House Points ⋆
⋆ Roleplaying Tips ⋆ EmptyThu Dec 15, 2016 8:26 pm by Newt Scamander

» ⋆ Hogwarts Staff ⋆
⋆ Roleplaying Tips ⋆ EmptyTue Dec 13, 2016 7:45 pm by Newt Scamander

» ⋆ Roleplaying Tips ⋆
⋆ Roleplaying Tips ⋆ EmptyMon Nov 28, 2016 4:57 pm by Newt Scamander

» ⋆ Baby Request ⋆
⋆ Roleplaying Tips ⋆ EmptySun Nov 27, 2016 10:25 pm by Newt Scamander

» ⋆ Face Claim ⋆
⋆ Roleplaying Tips ⋆ EmptySun Nov 27, 2016 9:43 pm by Newt Scamander

RPG Rating
Sister Sites

CopyRights
Site © Lyriad Staff
Characters © Members
Images © Respected owners.

Protected by Copyscape

⋆ Roleplaying Tips ⋆

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Newt Scamander

Newt Scamander

Wizard Info
Mage Points: 15 points
House: Hufflepuff

⋆ Roleplaying Tips ⋆ Empty
PostSubject: ⋆ Roleplaying Tips ⋆   ⋆ Roleplaying Tips ⋆ EmptyMon Nov 28, 2016 4:57 pm

⋆ Roleplaying Tips ⋆ Rp-tip10
See all those long post's that are like four or more paragraphs? Believe it or not, you can write those to! It just takes a little work. This topic is to help those who want to write longer and more detailed posts but just need the extra help. (I know how it feels I used to write one, two liners way back when. I never had anything like this but I think it would've helped, so hopefully this helps some of you. In the end all it takes is practice. NOTE: This is all from my perspective, it is not at all professional, and I'm aware some may not agree with me. Just simply some advice from me.)

There is basically four important things that need to be included in one's role-play post.
A Description
Your senses
Detail
Whomever your speaking too

Okayy topic one: A description

Ex 1: Sarah walked to grandma's house with muffins, alone through the dark forest.

Or

Ex 2: The forest suddenly grew darker around her, the shadows and creatures of the night being awaken from their daytime slumber. She was alone, stuck walking to her grandmother's house with nothing but herself and her basket of baked muffins.

Okay, that's meh. But it could be so much better.

Topic two: Your sense (Describe the things around you. What you feel, see, smell, or even taste.)

Ex 2: The forest suddenly grew darker around her, the shadows and creatures of the night being awaken from their daytime slumber. Sarah was alone, stuck walking to my grandmother's house with nothing but herself and her basket of baked muffins.

Or

Ex 3: The forest suddenly grew darker around her, the tall shadows lurked behind the trees. The creatures of the night were awaken from their daytime slumber, scurrying amongst themselves without a care in the world. Her feet sunk into the soft mud beneath her, crunching and crumbling the leaves that had fallen from above. Sarah was alone, her grandmothers house felt like miles away, but she knew the truth, it was only a few minutes away. Yet, her brain was unable to comprehend distance as fear took over and consumed her thoughts and actions. The basket of crispy muffins radiated heat, fresh from the oven, their scent fresh and untarnished covered by a thick warm blanket.

Topic Three: Detail

Ex 3: The forest suddenly grew darker around me, the tall shadows lurked behind the trees. The creatures of the night were awaken from their daytime slumber, scurrying amongst themselves without a care in the world. Her feet sunk into the soft mud beneath her, crunching and crumbling the leaves that had fallen from above. Sarah was alone, her grandmothers house felt like miles away, but she knew the truth, it was only a few minutes away. Yet, her brain was unable to comprehend distance as fear took over and consumed her thoughts and actions. The basket of crispy muffins radiated heat, fresh from the oven, their scent fresh and untarnished covered by a thick warm blanket.

Or

The sky shifted, the sun was engulfed, swallowed alive by the horizon. Instead, the light was replaced with pitch darkness. Sarah felt alone, abandoned by the world, there was no one with in sight for miles. What would she do if something happened? Run? How would she protect herself? Her feet sunk into the moist dark mud beneath her worn out converse, crunching  and crumbling the fallen leaves that had drifted down from the tall looming tree's above.
The basket of crispy muffins laid on the bridge of her small arm, radiating heat, an indication they were still fresh from the oven. The warming smell of baked goods remained fresh and untarnished covered by the thick plaid blanket. Her palms grew sweaty and the basket in her arm's seemed to increase in weight. The confidence she had once felt entering the thicket had diminished, replaced by fear and self doubt. She was alone, her grandmother's house felt like miles away, when in reality it was but a few minutes. Yet, her brain was unable to comprehend distance as fear, worry, and concern took over, consuming her thoughts and her actions. Involuntarily, her feet pushed her forward, carrying her in the direction of the small cabin. There was a rustling in the underbrush that sent her jumping backwards in surprise. A small mouse ran in front of her feet, traveling over the path and back into a bush that provided safety. With the small creatures emerging also came the predators of the night, and it was only a matter of time before they grew hungry for dinner.

Topic 4: Address who your speaking too.
This is pretty self explanatory. There is really two good ways of addressing a someone that had spoken to you.

Ex: Big bad wolf "Hello, little girl. What's that in your basket?"

Sarah: She shifted her weight with uncertainty as she heard the words spoken by the wolf, seeping with confidence. "Muffins for grandma's house." she said softly, her voice as small as a mouse.

Or (either way works) Note: This one just repeats what was said with however you want to describe the voice.

Ex 2: The big bad wolf waited for the little girl to reply, he licked his dry lips, his hunger scratching at his stomach.

"Muffins for grandma's house." she said quietly

He smiled a devious smile, to grandmothers house huh? Perfect.
--------

TA DA one sentence turned into a paragraph!
Hope it helps and if you have any questions or need further help feel free to pm me or bother me on the chat box.
Back to top Go down
https://lyriad.rpg-board.net

⋆ Roleplaying Tips ⋆
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lyriad :: Step Into Our World... ::   :: dsfds-
Jump to: